Wednesday 15 August 2007

Pinch Me.....

I feel like I am so in La-La Land.....
So we have our new phone number, and we are slowly changing our addresses on different non-consequential things (like my Overwaitea card, and my Kraft What's Cooking! magazine), but it still doesn't seem real that we are moving. Even though the SOLD sign is up on the lawn, and the Real Property Report is done..... Doesn't seem real.
Part of me is, I think, just numb and gobsmacked by all the change that is coming up in the next 4 weeks (AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! It's 4 weeks exactly until we move!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!). And, I'm looking around my house at all the stuff that's left to pack, and I honestly don't know when to start packing it all.
Obviously, I'll start packing away the extra towels and bedsheets pretty soon. And Hubby's closet (good Lord, the man owns more clothes than I do!!!!). And my youngest's extra clothes. Then, I'm at a total loss.

I got some......................... upsetting news the other day. My mother, the 55 year old divorcee is getting remarried. "Oh, probably on Monday or Tuesday..... we're not sure yet....."
Then she had the unmitigated GALL to tell my children that they can call her new hubby "Poppa". Instantly my back went up, and in my head I was like" HELLZ, NOOOO!!!!! "
I have no problem with my children showing her hubby a simple respect, but they already have 2 grandfathers. They can call him Terry. End of discussion.
It just really bothers me that my mother is getting married. I just feel that she is making yet another bad decision by yoking herself to an unbeliever (again!). As well, I also feel like she's worn him down into marriage - like she's coercing him somehow.
But yet, she rushed to assure me that they are getting a pre-nup (which I think is silly. If he's marrying HER, he deserves all the money she's got left as Danger Pay!!!). Fortunately, they are planning on moving to Interior BC - yippee!!!!! Hopefully I can find out that distance makes the heart grow a teensy bit fonder! (Seeing as right now she is not my most fave person!!)

It'll make the Holidays so much easier not to have to deal with my mother and her erratic mood swings all the time. *Sigh.....*


No comments: