Friday 24 May 2013

1 month until...

The countdown is ON!!! One month until I get my uterus yanked. [Or in HysterSister terms: 1 month until I go to the Castle (hospital) and become a Princess (I don't understand it either)] I'm not going to lie - I'm a little nervous. I think it's the factor of the ambiguous unknown quotient. I've never had major surgery before, so this is all brand-spanking-new to me. And staying overnight in a hospital makes my anxiety climb to unreasonable heights. I should probably talk to my therapist about that. But I am excited too. To not be ruled by my uterus anymore? That'll be awesome. (Especially seeing as my period is currently 7 days late, this is a very timely feeling) But in this last month of having my girly bits, I need to get SO MUCH DONE! List Of Shit I Need To Get Done (by Cindy) - clean and declutter house - clean out garage - tidy up van - finish up my last few weeks of Storytime - start figuring out meals for when I'm down and out (or else I'm going to be having a LOT of food made for me by my kids) - Lose a good 75 pounds. Okay, that last one is probably not so achievable in a month's time. I can increase my core strength though... So I'm drinking the Kool-aid and I'm signing up for a membership at Curves. I might have to figure out how to wedge an earbud into my pierced ear (I have some cartilage piercings) so I don't have to listen to that horrible music. Maybe an elastic headband? Or Over-the-ears headphones? I dunno. I'll have to play around with it. I also need to add "Get my nails done before I go into the Hospital" to that list, and an eyebrow wax wouldn't be amiss either, I'm sure. Should I wax my lady garden? I swear, hospitals should offer that service while you're completely numb/knocked out so you don't have to have a horrible first experience with waxing. Listen up, Alberta Health Care.... You could make a MINT by combining medical procedures with spa procedures!! C Section and a pedicure/bikini wax. Hip replacement and a pubic sculpting. Cardiac surgery and permanent eyebrow pencil tattooing. Organ transplant and anal bleaching. You're welcome. Oh society, you're so welcome.

No comments: