Wednesday 19 June 2013

Oh God... I am SO freaking out. Countdown is on - I'm sitting at 5. Five more days with my inner lady bits, and that's it. I did get my pre-op fancy schmancy bracelet yesterday because I gave my pre-op blood samples (three freaking tubes worth! Holy jeepers!). While I was getting the blood drawn, I noticed on my paperwork said "Total Vaginal Hysterectomy with Oophorectomy" Uhhhhh..... WHAT???? NO!!! That's not what I'm having! An oophorectomy is the removal of ovaries. Those are the only things we're supposed to leave behind! I'm supposed to have a Bilateral Salpingectomy as well as the TVH. (Removal of the fallopian tubes) So I called my gyn's office and just reconfirmed with them. It does *indeed* say on my official paperwork that I'm having a TVH with a Bilateral Salpingetomy. I don't know who screwed up at the PreAssessment Clinic, but the oophers are going NOWHERE. I have no desire to get plunged into medical menopause. That would heartily suck ass. (An oophorectomy is the lady equivalent to a castration for a guy, so you see why I'm so concerned.) Other than that, I'm so fucking nervous. This week is dragging like crazy, and I feel that time is like quicksand. The faster I try to get stuff done, the less progress I make. I have a very definite list of things I need to accomplish, and the only thing I CAN do is feel completely overwhelmed. I waver between peace and even happiness to despair, doubt, and crushing anxiety. Working out has helped. Pushing myself HARD physically helps to deal (albeit temporarily) with the anxiety and panic. But at the end of the workout, no matter how shaky and weak I feel, no matter how much sweat I'm dripping, no matter how high my heart rate gets - the coiled ball of anxiety is still within the center of my being. Like a snake. It gets diminished with hard physical exertion, but it's still there. I keep on reminding myself that I'm SIX days away from recovering, and that does help. But oh - I'm so nervous. I sure hope I can get everything done.

No comments: