Tuesday 30 October 2007

And So Closes Another Chapter....

Well, the Duckies are no more. We are disbanded.

I have to admit - I'm sad. I'm really sad. This group of 5 women, whom (I believe) God brought together off of an internet bulletin board, whom I've shared so much with - we are done. Our little corner of the internet is gone.
Y'know, it's been a great time. It hasn't been all roses and sunshine - we've had our disagreements and all, but all in all - we laughed together. We prayed together. We emailed like CRAZY all back and forth. At times, I thought my inbox was going to exceed it's limit!
I do understand why one of the girls felt the need to pull back - she has 4 kids under the age of 4. For that alone, I applaud her. And, she's busy with MOPS and MDO's, and her wonderful hubby, and church and all that stuff.

But at the same time, I still have that residual sense of loss. And I know that it was great, but reminding me of how great and good it all was doesn't stop the tears from running down my cheeks.

Adieu, MommaDucks. What a ride. I will never see another little duck piece of jewelry the same again....


No comments: