Saturday 1 March 2008

Happy Spring!

Yes. I know I'm being optimistic, but I am heartily ready for warmer weather. Oh yes, indeedy. I am tired of bundling my 4 kids into parkas, snow boots, mittens, hats and scarves everytime we leave the house. I am tired of my dog sitting on the deck, shivering to be let back in.
I long for the days of sunshine again. Of warm weather. Of walking in sandals. Of not having to wear a coat!!! Of having sunlight at dinner time!

Last summer was like a Lost Summer for me.... I normally have Lost Summers when I have a newborn babe, but last summer was a Lost Summer because we were getting ready to move and we put our house up for sale. (Wow! Was that ever a lot of work!) From March onwards, I was packing boxes at least 3x a week, I was sorting thru lots of stuff and getting rid of the stuff I didn't want.
It intensified around the end of June - we had the painters in to redo the old house, and then in July we had the floors redone on the main floor and up the staircase. I pulled up most of the carpet (Hubby and his friend did the big pieces in the front room and in the living room) on the staircase. If I knew how to post photos, I would. I have a VERY IMPRESSIVE collection of befores and afters.
(Oh, loooook. I can share my Facebook with y'all!)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42338&l=e91aa&id=565670995

Looking back - I am amazed at what we managed to pull off. Wow.

But I am determined that this summer will not be a Lost Summer. I vow to be outside as much as I can, and to explore my new neighborhood as best as I can. (hopefully, I won't get lost so much....)

What are you planning for this summer? What are you looking forward to the most? Barbequeing? Sitting around the fire at night? Listening to the wind in the trees? The gorgeous sunsets that look like they are made of cotton candy? The birds? The rains? The sound of kids jumping in the sprinkler?

Talk back to me, dear reader. Tell me what you are looking forward to......

I am anticipating spring. I hope you are too.
C.

1 comment:

Missy said...

A suntan. Just enough so I don't have to wear base.