Thursday 10 April 2008

Looking Past the Storm to the Mountains.....

You know..... I just sat at my keyboard, asking the Lord to speak to me today. All I heard was

"Peace. My peace I give you."

Now, honestly, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.
Why does the mention of heavenly peace move me so??? Is it because I realize that most of my life lately has been in storm-mode? Is it because I realize that I, too, can be volatile and unpredictable like a storm?
Or is it because I know, deep down in my heart, that I am so busy with day-to-day stuff that HAS to get done, that sometimes I am too busy to listen to the Spirit's whisperings? (Which shames me to my very core.....)

Father........
I have sinned. I have made my own stuff, my own NOISE drown out what You'd like to say to me. I am so sorry.....
Lord, please teach me to listen to You. I know that I have to sometimes "buckle down" and do what needs to be done - You know all too well. But Lord, teach me not to remain in that place for too long. Help me to remember to lift my eyes to the mountains, for that's where my help comes from. Not from obedient children who make no messes or no noise....
My help is You.
My Salvation is You.
My Everything is in You.
You hold all together, Lord. I acknowledge that You are the Head..... You are the King.
And I thank You for loving me like you do..... You are so patient, Lord. Thank you.





Cindy

No comments: