Saturday 2 August 2008

I have found the 9th Circle of Hell, and it's not crafts like I previously believed!

Well, I went to the grocery store this morning and did my shopping (with my posse of kids in tow, thankyouverymuch!).
Y'know, I'm not too impressed with the new no frills grocery store that replaced my Extra Foods here in the 'Toks.
I get that they are trying to compete with the Wal-Mart Supercenter that's being built right now. I get that. I get too, that they are "upping the ante" so to speak so they have a loyal customer base before Costco comes in and blows it all to hell. I get that. But honestly!!! You tell us that we have to bag our own groceries. I am honestly fine with that, and I actually prefer to pack my own stuff. Lord knows I have enough bins for it!
So if I'm supposed to do that.... Wouldn't it make SENSE to 1) Provide me with a cart that is specifically MADE for the bins you sell??? and 2) make the grocery tills conveyor belts not only WORK, but a little larger so that people can pack?????
So yeah. Bought my groceries, couldn't find the sour cream or eggs at all (WTF?), but the FIRST TIME I"ve ever seen Ichiban there *hurrah!*). But NO Pop Tarts????? At all!???? You gotta be kidding me..... And NO Electrosol tabs in the big containers? And no large containers of hot chocolate mix?????
And some of the prices were not cheaper at all!!! I feel a little gypped as a customer that's been a loyal Loblaw's shopper since I was 15!
I can guarantee you.... When Costco comes to the "Toks, you can bet your bippy bodka that I am SO shopping there!!! I"ll do all my large items there, and screw no frills.
*growl*

Another thing that pissed me off royally was I KNEW that I was supposed to pack my own stuff. I knew that going in (hence the reason why I had my bins and bags with me! D-uh!). So what happens???? Well this young "chit" decides that, "Oh, she has 4 kids! She must need some help!!!" and started packing my groceries for me. I get that. But she was SHITTY at it!!!! I had 5 bins, an Ikea blue bag and 2 sobey's bags. More than enough for what I had purchased! And she was making noises about "Oh, it's not all going to fit!". In a pig's eye. I had to tell her to stop packing my stuff in cardboard boxes. I directed my children to pack all the cardboard stuff (ie cereal boxes, etc) in the Ikea bag. Easy, right??? Well, she couldn't follow it! I ended up repacking 3 of the bins. She was asking me where to put the frozen corn - I told her to put it with the meat, and she started like arguing with me!! It's my f*cking food!!! Who gives a sh!t! It makes sense to me.... Put the meats and the frozen stuff together - that way the meat stays cold. Right? Put the dairy all together. (You can fit 3 big jugs of milk in one bin, and still have room for the butter, and yogurt on the sides.) You put the produce in one bin. You put cans in another. Makes sense to me...... But apparently, I'm the only one who thinks that!

Argh!!!
And when I was packing the bins in the back of my minivan, I said a few bad words that I had to repent for.

I'm sure that the 9th Circle of Hell is grocery stores where you have to pack all your food up with a limited space and 4 children and a disgruntled underpaid store employee.

I think I need a drink of wine.
(Oh, and I got my AF yesterday too, to add insult to injury!!)

Off to go eat and drink my troubles away....
1 more sleep until Hubby comes home. Thank the Lord.
C.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

I TOTALLY agree with your grocery packing strategies. Just so you know you aren't the only one.