Thursday 18 September 2008

What Happens When You See Your Family Doctor...

Soooo.......

Remember my lovely experiment with testing out the sharpness of my new Lagostina butter knives back in July???

Well, I FINALLY got in to see my family doctor last night.
I had forgotten how much I like her. She's a great doc - fantastic bedside manner, competent, professional and oh-so real. (You gotta love it when your doc is absent-minded enough where she HAS to wear a pen around her neck, so she doesn't lose it! LOL!) (Also, it doesn't hurt that she has a REAL body that has wibbly bits just like the rest of us! But, I digress.)
She wrote out some prescriptions that I had run out of, and then saw my note about asking her about my pinky finger. The whole story came tumbling out, and she immediately said "Oh, you SO got the tendon! I'll just..... start..... * typing furiously* referring you..... So you said it was the PIP joint, going up to the DIP joint?"
I just looked rather blankly at her, at this point.

BUT YAY!!!!!!
this morning, I got a call from her office.
She hooked me up with a Hand Surgeon......
FOR SEPTEMBER 29TH!!!!
*Valley Girl moment...*
Like.... Oh. My gawd!!! Like... HOW AWESOME!!!

So that's exciting. I call and confirm the appointment on Monday, and then it's off to the Rocky for me! (In the Casting Department.... But whatever. As long as they fix it!)
I'm still not sure what I'll do with Liam. I might ask my younger sis to keep him for me. Who knows. (Or I just may resort to taking along the Nintendo DS for him to play)
I'll make sure to take pics though... Just for you!

Later!
C.

No comments: