Sunday 21 September 2008

What's The Hullabaloo About?

I realize that I am not the "hippest cat" on the planet. I totally get it. A 31 year old woman with 4 kids living in a small town is rarely a hipster, or "ahead" of the times (especially technologically!), but really.......

What's the big idea about things like Twitter and Facebook??? I've heard that Twitter is, simply put, the BOMB (in a good way, I"ve been assured). Why are we, as a society, so drawn to social networking sites like that?
Is it because, we as humans, are intrinsically CURIOUS about each other?
Is it because we are essentially longing for a place to belong, even if it's just a website?

Is it because we long for a community in the day and age where we (mostly) don't even know our neighbors names? (For the record - I do know my neighbors. On the one side. *embarrassed grin* The other side - I know their cat's name is Scotty, and I know they have 4 kids that are grown, and I know they are French Canadians.... Not too sure on their names though.)

Now, I'm not saying that these sites are "evil" or "wrong" or anything....
I'm just merely asking.
I quite like the graphics on Twitter.... I like the look of it a lot better than Facebook.
(And is Facebook going the way that MySpace went?)

So yeah. I"m on Twitter. I'm on FaceBook. I know how to use FaceBook... still figuring out Twitter. (And still needing to find friends on Twitter. Haven't figured out that yet.)

Oh, and happy Sunday. So far it's been a "meh" day..... Hubby is working again... 7th day straight.
Let's just say that I've been praying. Hard.

No comments: