Monday 19 January 2009

So Am I The Million Dollar Girl, or Just The Thousand Dollar Girl?

As promised, here are the pics of the new & improved, bionic me. *laughs* So I'm not sure what they call this contraption - maybe the "Bend-o-matic 3000". All it says is "Wave Flex" on the carrying case, and there is no user's manual (to my consternation!).
And, like always, get ready for your guided tour...

See?? Kinda cool how it attached on, and bends your fingers for you..


More Super Cool Bending Action....


Annnnndddd, a side view.....


oh! Check out my extension! See - there's little sticky pads that
attach onto your fingernails (I kid you not!), and then there's little
Velcro straps that you hold your finger more securely with.

There's this little remote as well, that you control the speed and 
degree of flexion/extension that you get. Pretty gosh darned cool.

I was using the Bionic Hand this morning, and I was bleeding like a stuck pig! (I hope it's not a bad sign!) I have physio with the lovely Casual Diane tonight, and so I'll ask her how it's looking. My finger is very achy today, and very sore. (Granted, I keep on forgetting my Advil, so it's prolly all my fault..) On a pain scale of 0-10, 10 being where you pass out, and 8 is where you are nauseated from the pain, I'd say I'm a dull 3. Not too bad, but still painful.

C.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That's one crazy looking contraption! All for a little finger :)

Sorry you were bleeding... hope it's nothing serious.