Friday 5 July 2013

Wednesday - Day 3 in Hospital.

Wednesday June 26 Still in hospital 6 am- had my very first fart in days. 6:30 am Pass by Fiona's intern as I go to the toilet. Get back to my room and start washing my face and the hospital gyn and Fiona's intern come in. We chat, establish that I'm up & mobile, I'm peeing no problem and I'm farting. They check my incision (apparently it looks good). Drain is starting to come out on its own (which would be why it hurt so gosh darned much last night, I bet). Gyn consult & intern ask whether I want to go home or chill at the Rocky until tomorrow. I tell them that I want to go home. Just waiting on Fiona to come and give the all clear. Right now I'm a Conditional Discharge. 7:18 am Tired again. I could fall asleep right now, I swear. 7:25 Go walk to grab cold apple juice and see student nurse chippy that I had yesterday. (I rolled my eyes inside of my head) she does vitals on me, and my "breakfast" comes - vegetable broth, green jello, coffee & orange juice. I'm just tired today. Really tired. 8:10 Fiona comes, says that's she's impressed with how I'm doing. Looks at my drain and sees that its already halfway out, so she takes it all the way out. Removes all my taping as well. I get to go home! Hurray! I eat some toast & jam and a glass of orange juice. Tasty. Don't manage to eat all of it, but that's okay by me. 10 am Waiting to get the discharge chat from Sincere And Follow All The Rules student nurse. I changed into yoga pants, a tank top & a hoodie half an hour ago. It's not as comfy as my nightgown that I will be changing back into when I get home, but its not bad. Couldn't do the bra. C'mon Student Nurse girl! Get my damn IV out so I can go home! 10:27 I've seen Student Nurse peek her head in but no talk as of yet. :( I'm getting really tired and hear LOTS of gas moving all around in my tummy. While it feels good to wear yoga pants in a way, the light tension across my tummy is a but ouchie. I really want my family to show up so I can go home. Ended up FINALLY getting the pathetic Discharge Talk at 11:45 after Student Nurse takes out my IV line. Damn, those suckers hurt like a mofo. Good thing I took copious notes when Moaning Lady was discharged 2 hours previous. Student Nurse glosses over the majority of what she told Moaning Lady. Go home. Most painful car ride of my entire life. Why are Calgary roads so damned bumpy?? Stumble into my home, scare my dog, go upstairs and fall gratefully into my own glorious, lovely bed. Ohhhhhh, I love home.

No comments: