Wednesday 2 January 2008

Hap-hap-happy.... oh never mind....

Don't you find that New Year's Eve is like the BIGGEST sham going for grownups? It's like our own version of Santa...... We build it up to be this night of mythical proportions and EVERY YEAR, I am stuck either changing a shitty diaper or doing the freaking dishes.

Yeah, Happy New Year to you, too, sucka!!! *laughing*

So yeah! It's a new year, it's a new month (I got to change my calendar - now it's a picture of a cute penguin), and I got to take down the Christmas decorations! Woo, hoo!!! I was so ready to take down the tree and get my family room back to "normal" (normal being, of course, strewn with Buzz Lightyear and Polly Pocket toys and Thomas trains.... :) ). All of it is put away for the next Christmas.

I was watching a great special tonight on CMT (shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone I watch CMT - my street cred would be shot!) and lo and behold..................................
It was Jann Arden. One of Canada's greatest secrets. She is quite possibly the funniest the most entertaining person I have ever seen. (Even funnier than me!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9bKN_PxqJc
Man..... I love Jann. SO freaking funny!!!!!

And, my friend Missy, put a post on her blog about her kids rocking out to some metal tune (I was never a metal head in my younger, more hipper days), I showed it to my hubby and I think he felt a little better about our oldest son knowing the words to "Baby Got Back".....
I just smile and nod.

Well, have a great night! I'm off to go to bed at a half decent time tonight (I've been up late waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much lately, and my body's all screwed around).
G'night!

No comments: