Thursday 10 March 2011

Lent Day #2

I messed up and looked at Facebook today. :(

IN MY DEFENSE... There was a Twitter link to something and I clicked on it and ta-dah! I was on Facebook unintentionally.
And then I compounded it by clicking on my "Pending Friend Requests" and I saw that an old friend of mine who had sworn UP DOWN & SIDEWAYS that she would never join the plebian ranks of those on Facebook had finally joined Facebook. :)
Just in time for me to take a break for Lent. How deliciously ironic.

But, I am getting school work done. My house is marginally better than it was, although I fear that all day tomorrow I'll be cleaning. Without children as they are all at school for Fantastic Friday. (I think they call it that because all the moms are walking away from Kindergarten going, "Fantastic!!! A WHOLE day to myself!")

Thought I'd document the slip up.
It's been harder than I thought it would be to cut out Facebook. I was/am so dependent on it for socialization. Makes me feel all lonely and alone not being on there.

:(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do it. The longer you go, the more you'll wonder why it was important. Hang in there, I know you can do it. Instead of using facebook to socialize with the masses, maybe spend this time to intentionally set up time say twice a week where you get ahold of and socialize with an old friend. Use this time to focus on some quality one-on-one time and build relationships that you've neglected. Just a thought. Or use the extra to socialize with the Lord.

Love you.