Saturday 9 February 2008

Oh Lent......

Well. It's official. It's Lent, y'all. *sigh*
So, waaaaaaay back in January, I really felt convicted that the Lord wanted me to participate in Lent (which shows that God has a sense of humor - we're Pentecostal!). He also told me what I was supposed to give up. :sob:
He wanted me to give up sugar in my beloved tea.

Now, I realize that giving up sugar in my tea seems somewhat minor to some..... But do you KNOW how much tea I drink????? I counted 1 day and found out that I drink 8 cups of tea a day, easy. My fave right now is Vanilla Earl Grey from Tetley (quite possibly the yummiest tea ever. Period.). I drink tea like most people drink coffee..... It's like a part of me..... it's what I do. I drink tea.

And, to add insult to injury, He wanted me to give up snacking after dinner. (Which, okay, I needed to do it anyway.... But to have God tell you to give it up? OUCH.) And, yes, it took a few days to get the "after dinner munchies" under control, but I am so proud to say that I'm actually enjoying not eating after dinner. I sleep better, I'm actually HUNGRY at breakfast time, and I just feel not so sluggish in the morning. (Yay, God!)
But I do still miss my popcorn...... And that's all I have to say about that.

But back to the tea thing.... So I find that I'm not enjoying tea as much as I normally do (since, duh! Tea - sugar= not so yummy anymore :( ) As a result, it's AMAZING how much less tea I drink on a day-to-day basis! Like WOW!!!
I do miss it's yummy warmth though..... Herbal tea just isn't the same. *sigh*

I did join another Bible Study though..... Which is exciting! The previous one that I belonged to is on a bit of a "hiatus", and then they are jumping into a Joyce Meyer study that I just didn't feel led to. So, I was praying to God, and saying that I really enjoyed the homework from the Beth Moore studies (yes, I know I'm a nerd), and that I wanted homework. I wanted to learn, to go deeper with God.
So I really felt led to another Bible Study that happens in the morning.... which is great. AND, it has free child care! SCORE!!!!! (I think it's as close to a MDO that I'll ever get!) It's a great study, and I know God wants me there. (Which is neat.)
Somehow, I get the sense that God is trying to work on my obedience (which sucks because it implies to me that I've been DIS-obedient! LOL).

Lord, in this time of Lent, open my eyes to what You are doing, both in me, and in those that I love. Teach me not to kick against the goads that You've placed around me. Grant me peace, serenity, joy and love for those around me, Lord.
Lord, please give me wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and a keen set of ears and eyes to see what You are doing. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to see You. I want to see You in all your Glory - whether You are happy or sad, I want to see You.
Teach me, Lord.

C.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Pentecostal?? why did I think you were Episcopalian???