Wednesday 20 February 2008

Target.....

I love Target. It has got to be the BEST store in the world (right after Old Navy, of course).
So.......

We made it to Kimberley BC on our road trip. Have I ever said how much I HATE road trips??? They always start out with Hubby yelling at me, and it's just no fun.
This one was worse than......
getting your wisdom teeth taken out (at least then you get drugs!)
or shopping for bathing suits.

Here's the low down.....
Trip to Kimberley

Just click on that and read the first post. It was horrific. Why did I think that 6 people, 4 of them being under 9, all being confined in a minivan for 12 SOLID HOURS was a good idea???????

Ugh. *slams head onto computer desk*

The few good things about us going on a road trip is that Kimberley is closer to the Idaho border than we are here in Okotoks - in fact, it's a leisurely 3 hour drive to Coeur d'Alene and only 3 1/2 hours to the lovely metropolis of Spokane Washington!!!!! Woo, hoo!!!!
So, Hubby and I went to IHOP for breakfast (yummy. If anyone has a copy of a good recipe for cornmeal pancakes, I'll TOTALLY take it!), then drove to Spokane. We shopped at Old Navy (where I got some lovely new shirts!), then all around the Spokane Valley Mall (it had a Bath & Body Works! I was soooooooooo happy!!!). Then we went to TGI Fridays (really good food - we don't have it in Canada), drove back to Cd'A and then hit a Target and a Starbucks (y'all have NO clue how to make a vanilla venti Earl Grey tea misto, did you know that??).
Then, back over the border we went! Thank GOD that we didn't get dinged for duty - we were in the US for less than 12 hours and were bringing back over $200 worth of stuff.... The Canadian border guy just let us pass right on thru. Woot woot for being a naive, nice Canadian!!! :D

But of course, now that we are home, the kids are missing the snow, and Nana, and are "so bored!!!". Oddly enough, I get called Nana quite a bit - when they are looking RIGHT AT ME!!! I like to think that it's genetic! (I do it to them all the time!)

OH, and does anyone know where I can find Instant Tea Crystals (without the sugar??)
http://www.nestea.com/productsInstant.jsp?loc=3
We cannot get it up here in Canada, and I'd really like to have some..... (I'd like to make this drink called Russian Tea)

Have a great night! Off to go grocery shopping!
C.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That's just way too much snow!! Yikes!