Tuesday 15 July 2008

I am such a dunce.....

Hi all.
Well, I am officially accident prone now.
This morning, as we were eating breakfast (getting ready for VBS - yay!), my kids were complaining that they wanted juice. I totally understood that, but I didn't have any juice defrosted. So I did what every other stay-at-home mum does.
You haul a can of frozen concentrate out of the freezer, run it under some hot water, and Bob's your uncle. Right? Except, mine didn't defrost enough to get out of the can.
I picked out a butter knife, and started to basically STAB the offending (read: still FROZEN) juice concentrate (I've done it before, and it works).
Well, I ended up CUTTING myself on the freaking butter knife!!! (I know.... I'm "special", huh?)

I knew it was bad, and it was bleeding like crazy, so I called up Hubby to ask him his opinion. (I ended up almost throwing up while I was on the phone with him, it started to hurt so bad! Poor guy!)
So Hubby drove me to the Okotoks Wellness & Urgent Care Center, dropped me off, and drove the older kids to their VBS.
I got to see a Triage Nurse, and then the doctor came in, and informed me that I needed stitches.
All in all, I got 2 stitches, some injections of lidocaine, and a Tetanus shot (lucky me).
I'll add photos later!

What a day......
Cindy

No comments: