Wednesday 18 July 2007

Destroy It Yourself.... (DIY)

Oh. My. Lord.
Can we say "tired"? I am dragging my poor ass today because I am tired.
I managed to strip the carpet and underlay (and ALL those staples!) off of the stairs as well as pulled all the staples out of the main floor. I emptied out the utility closet and the bottom of the pantry, and the shoe closet in preparation for the floor guys coming today.
I started it at 9 pm, after I put the kids to bed, and worked STEADILY until 12:30 at night. (Plus, I did dishes by hand too)
I only ripped off part of a knuckle and stabbed myself about 4 times with the staples (which is pretty good in my world!).
But, ripping carpet off is a lot of fun. I gotta admit, it is fun in a sick, sort of destructive way.

So, one more day of the install guys being here, and then I can get my house back. To normal (just with really pretty floors!) - with furniture and EVERYTHING! I am so excited!!!

I was pretty bummed out though - I found out today that our neighbors are putting their house up for sale the same week we are - they are our direct competition!!! I'm so bummed - they have a great back yard, and it's very nice. Granted they have 1/2 the main floor space that we have, but I feel that our backyard isn't as nice as theirs, as well as they have a great deck. We don't. :(
But everytime that I start to stress out about it, I feel God telling me to chill out - that He already has the family picked out for our house, and to leave it in His capable Hands. If I'm trusting God to find us a great house, wouldn't I also trust Him to find us the right buyer for the right price at the right time???
So that's kind of what I'm struggling with - just following through on trusting God. It seems that initially I "talk a good talk" about trusting and faith, but I seem to not finish strongly. Is this what God is attempting to accomplish?
I hope I can learn this time......

Well, only about 45 minutes before I can put the kids to bed, then I'll do some minor cleaning and glue some stuff together, and hit the hay myself.
I had a bad sleep last night - we had a thunderstorm last night, and I was PETRIFIED!
I'm actually sort of embarrassed to admit it, but I was so scared! I'll be amazed if my hubby doesn't have small bruises on his arm - I was clutching it so tightly!
So, I didn't get very much sleep. I fell asleep at about 2-ish, woke up at 5 for the storm, and was up for the day at 7 something.
Ugh.
I love bed.

No comments: