Monday 16 July 2007

Sunday.....

What a day.
I had a baby shower to go to today for my younger sister. Have I ever informed you that I DETEST baby showers? Well, I do. I detest them so much that I would rather get a root canal. Or a Pap test. Really. That bad.
Then we went off to church. I enjoy church a lot - I have friends there, so it's nice to go and reconnect with people who like me.
But, a lady who was supposed to be in the nursery totally bailed on us, and I ended up covering her shift for her. Normally, this wouldn't bother me at all - I would just be helpful and leave it at that.
But this particular lady is BY FAR the most selfish, self centered, self involved, self righteous and priggish woman I've ever met. It's hard, because she is married to my hubby's best friend. So I have to be nice to her, even though I don't want to. I do not want that sort of personality influence in my life.... Why would I want to hang out with her???
It's hard because of who she is married to, and I like her hubby a lot (in the way that you like a brother - they are kind of an institution. My kids call him "Uncle" for heaven's sake! LOL).

Also, I just read a friend's blog, and now I understand why I was praying for him and his wife so much. My heart aches for him, and I wish I could wave a magic wand and instantly make everything better (like the moving wish! LOL). Alas, I can't. So I guess I keep on praying.

I know it's a short post tonight - I totally wrecked my wrists when my hubby and I were in bed. You know what though - it was totally worth it. Sometimes it's nice to be on top and in control. Bit of a different experience!
G'night!

No comments: